Assistant Directors within IP Advisory are responsible for managing advisory engagements as well as managing the relationship with clients.
You will have engagement management accountability and be responsible for ensuring deliverables are of a high quality and are delivered to the client on time and to budget. You will typically lead multiple teams of consultants working on parallel engagements, delegating effectively and using your interpersonal skills to guide, motivate and develop team members. You will be required to manage your own time and the time of others. Working closely with the senior leadership team, you will help to develop and train the more junior team members.
A significant responsibility will be towards supporting business development initiatives, developing new leads and opportunities, often through internal networking, and participating in specific campaigns. You will drive new initiatives while coordinating fully with the rest of the team. In addition, you will have responsibility for some aspects of operational management of the business.
• Manage multiple engagements and engagement teams, ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality deliverables and managing engagement profitability
• Ensure the successful onboarding of clients and engagements, managing risk and independence concerns
• Provide oversight over engagement execution, acting as a go-to person by clients and colleagues
• Proactively identify client needs and lead the preparation of adequate engagement proposals
• Actively support a wide range of business development activities and campaigns to identify new leads and develop opportunities
• Participate in client presentations and contribute to the negotiation process
• Actively support the IP Advisory team’s talent management and recruitment activities, and where appropriate acting as a People Leader
• Actively support the operational management of the IP Advisory business
• Contribute to the strategic development and direction of the practice
• Develop and manage an internal network to connect IP Advisory services to other service lines within Deloitte
• Mentor junior members of the IP Advisory team
• Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Location: Reading office; Cambridge Office
Travel within the UK and overseas should be expected.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity on a full-time basis.
Click here for more information