IP Advisory Associates provide support to the consulting activity of the senior team, undertaking IP analysis, technology and market research, and preparing reports on the IP portfolios of clients and companies active in their sector. Our Associates are encouraged to expand their experience by working with the more experienced team members on IP-centric transactions, such as IP divestitures, acquisitions, licensing and certain M&A mandates.
Associates receive on the job training, often rotating across different types of engagement, as well as frequent mentoring from senior team members and the leadership team.
- Undertaking market and technology research to understand the client’s competitive position
- Assisting clients in identifying and documenting their innovation(s) with a view to ensuring it is protected effectively, through the most appropriate IP mechanisms to support the client’s strategy and drive enterprise value
- Searching and analysing patent and non-patent data to find prior art, patents for acquisition or commercialisation opportunities for client’s own patents
- Developing marketing collateral and valuation models for a wide range of IP portfolios, including patents, trademarks, designs, database rights, knowhow and trade-secrets, in support of licensing or sale negotiations or acquisition programs
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Location: Cambridge, UK Click here for more information
Location: Reading, UK Click here for more information
Work pattern: This is a permanent role, on a full time basis.