• Paul Michel, fm Chief Judge, CAFC
• Bowman Heiden, Co-Director, CIP
• Jelani Odlum, Program Manager, Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property
• Dave Kappos, Partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore
• Bruce Berman, CEO, Brody Berman Associates; Chairman, the Center for Intellectual Property Understanding
• Demi Ibrahim, Medical Device Research Intern, RPX Corporation
Intellectual property education has traditionally been taught as a specialty area of the law. However, as national competitiveness in the knowledge economy relies heavily on the creation, management, and commercialization of IP, the knowledge of IP in society across multiple actors must also increase. This session will take a critical look at the need to diversify IP education, including who needs to know about IP, what they need to know, and how it should be taught based on a broad set of educational experiences.