About the role
You are a member of a cross-functional Portfolio Team that includes IP Intelligence, Patent Attorneys and IP Legal, Trademark and Design experts. The Portfolio Team is led by a Global Head IP Strategy & Portfolio.
Each portfolio provides focus and has accountability for the IP of a particular area of Volvo Group’s technology and business, such as Engine, Alternative Fuels, Driveline, Automation, Connected Solutions, Electromobility, Cab, Chassis, Penta, Bus and Construction Equipment.
As the IP Portfolio Partner within the team you are an operational support in relation to creation of an annual Group IP Plan and the development of the IP portfolio, its management and use, thereby driving a global transformation towards increasingly business-driven IP management within the Volvo Group.
The position promises a unique mix of challenges, pushing you to create and maintain relations with colleagues across continents, functions and Group companies.
You report to the Group Director IP Strategy & Portfolio.
- M.Sc. in engineering or in Intellectual Capital Management
- Good knowledge in patent, trademark, design, and trade secret law and up-to-date knowledge of IP strategies, trends, developments and practices
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manage and compile large amounts of complex and diverse data, and to understand and extract the business implications of the data
- Strong skillset in both written and verbal communication to a wide range of stakeholders and management levels
- Preferably have working knowledge of business strategy, business models, technology, market and IP landscape
- Fluent in English
Location: Göteborg, Sweden