• Tim Smith, Principal, Rouse
• Chris Bailey, Principal, Rouse
• Maikke van Velzen, Head of IP Portfolio management, Philips
• Peter Fiske, Executive Director – National Alliance for Water Innovation (NAWI); Director, Water-Energy Resilience Institute, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab)
• Jeremiah Chan, Director and Associate General Counsel at Facebook; Patent Public Advisory Committee Member, USPTO; DEI Advocate
• Sandra K. Nowak, Chief IP Counsel, Consumer Business Group, 3M Innovative Properties Company
• Ben Wang, Managing Director, Pacific Viewpoint Group
The challenges of diversification, digitalization, and globalization create new requirements and challenges for the IP team of the future. This session will take its starting point in the direction that in-house IP teams are heading as we enter this decade and what forces are driving this. This situation will be discussed from three perspectives: (1) internal forces within the business; (2) the forces acting on the IP service provider market, such as deregulation and disintermediation; and, finally (3) forces external to the business such as geopolitical, macroeconomic and technological forces.